As we know, it’s hard to find good hospo staff at the best of times and as an organisation, we’re on a mission to support and invest in the knowledge, passion and growth of those working within the local wine and hospitality sectors.
To help us, help you, we’ve teamed up with Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism as Geelong Wine School to deliver WSET Level 1 (one day course) award for your staff (a very highly regarded award for many restaurant around the world, awesome for the CV too).
This one-day course is a globally recognised international standard in wine education program and we’re subsidising the fee so you can invest in your employees for only $50, usually $285! This can be covered by you or your staff.
We’ve just moved the first week of dates online, due to COVID, which we think will be a great way to engage with staff that might not be working right now and will provide them with a really great qualification too, win win.
- The online course includes a delivery to the participants house of:
- 9 x 50ml wine samples (all labelled for the session they relate to)
- Acid and sugar solutions
- Sweet biscuits, spicy cracker, salt and MSG powder for a food and wine pairing activity
- A napkin for the grape activity
- A course tasting mat
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines workbook
- A mock exam and sealed answers
The exam will be held in person, at a later date to be confirmed.
We’re still hoping to run in-person sessions in Geelong, The Bellarine & The Great Ocean Road in October too if we can’t we’ll just flip them online too.
Register below (just select the date in the ticket):
- Monday 13 September: Online
- Thursday 16 September: Online
- Monday 4 October: Anglesea will move online if required
- Tuesday 5 October: Bellarine will move online if required
- Thursday 7 October: Geelong will move online if required
Numbers are limited to ensure small class sizes, so if you’re interested please reserve you spots ASAP.