Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine, along with the City of Greater Geelong, appreciates the support of tourism operators as we all endeavour to keep the community safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
To assist in the safe operation of businesses, thermometers are available for tourism facilities who wish to implement temperature checking as part of their COVID safe procedures.
This is a Victorian Government-funded program targeting popular holiday destinations across the state, as part of its efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The initiative will allow you to take a customer’s temperature upon arrival to check that they are not presenting with a fever – which is a symptom of COVID-19.
The infrared thermometers, which are listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), have been provided to local councils for distribution. Further information about the thermometers including a manual and details from the Victorian Government can be downloaded here.
The City is making them available for collection from Swim, Sport and Leisure venues and selected regional libraries from Thursday 2 July. Please call your preferred venue before you arrive to check availability of stock and to understand the COVID-19 contact procedures in place.
- Waterworld Leisure Centre, 1-15 Cox Road, Norlane, 5275 1909.
- Bellarine Aquatic & Sport Centre, Shell Road, Ocean Grove, 5256 2111.
- Leisurelink Aquatic & Recreation Centre, 240 Pioneer Road, Waurn Ponds, 5243 9595.
- Splashdown Leisure Centre, 125-177 Coppards Road, Whittington, 5248 4555.
- Geelong Library and Heritage Centre, 51 Little Malop Street, Geelong, 4201 0600.
- Queenscliff Library, 55 Hesse Street, Queenscliff, 4201 0663.
- Drysdale Library, 18-20 Hancock Street, Drysdale, 4201 0656.
The Department of Health and Human Services has information on symptoms and testing available at www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/getting-tested-coronavirus-covid-19
Further information on how the City is managing the evolving COVID-19 situation can be viewed at www.geelongaustralia.com.au/covid19
Tourism industry specific information is available at our COVID Resource Centre.
If you have any questions, please call the City of Greater Geelong on 5272 5272.