Circuit Breaker Update – We know what to do.
As of 11:59pm tonight, Thursday 27 May, a seven day, state-wide, circuit breaker lockdown will come into effect.
Right now, plans need to be made to contact people with bookings, reservations and events (including weddings) over the next 7 days, to re-schedule.
We understand that once again, this news is difficult to hear but it’s important that we do this hard and fast, to stop any further spread.
Today’s message from the State Government is clear, if you are eligible to get vaccinated, you should be making a plan to do so as soon as possible.
It was announced that Victorians aged 40-49 years will now be able to access to the Pfizer vaccine. Those receiving the Pfizer vaccine must book an appointment by calling the 24/7 hotline 1800 675 398.
Victorians aged 50 years and over will continue to receive the AstraZeneca vaccine, either through a state-run vaccination centre or a participating GP clinic.
For business, the new restrictions mean:
- If you can work from home, you must work from home.
- Essential workers and workplaces may stay open.
- Closed. Open for takeaway only.
- Closed unless for permitted reasons. No new bookings, except for authorised reasons. *Hotel and accommodation providers will be able to stay open to support guests already staying on site.
Tours and transport:
Entertainment and Leisure:
- Essential retail open, other/general retail closed.
For the community, these rules apply:
- Must be carried at all times. Must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or if an exemption applies.
- Not permitted. Intimate partner visits are allowed.
- Not permitted (two people for exercise, or members of your household).
There are only five reasons to leave home:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if required).
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons.
- Essential work or permitted education.
- Exercise (can leave for two hours of exercise).
- If you’re eligible, to get vaccinated.
A travel limit of 5km from your place of primary residence is in place.
We are awaiting further information from the State Government to understand what the business support opportunities will be. A further update will be provided once announced.