In light of growing case numbers across Victoria, Acting Premier James Merlino has today announced some additional measures to keep Victorians safe and to allow businesses to stay open over the summer holiday period.
From midnight tonight, Thursday 23 December, here’s what changes:
- Face masks are required in all indoor settings, expect private households, for those aged 8 years and older.
- Face masks are also required at major events with over 30,000 people in attendance.
Seated service at hospitality venues is also encouraged, not a requirement, as is operating dancefloors in well-ventilated, outdoor areas.
While it’s disappointing to see face masks return, the changes to these requirements allow businesses to continue to trade over the busy period and provide an additional CovidSafe measure for customers.
All Victorians eligible for their third dose, also known as a ‘booster’ shot, are encouraged to book in for an appointment as soon as possible. Further information on COVID-19 vaccine appointments can be found via the Barwon Health website.
We hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season, and one that is hopefully a little bit closer to normal trade – just with masks!
We will continue to keep an eye on any other changes to COVID-19 requirements and keep you updated.
COVID-19 Useful Links
- Information for industry and workers required to be vaccinated – Scroll to ‘What information should be recorded by employers?” there’s a useful template.
- COVID information for visitors – Barwon Health has made a poster with local information on testing and vaccination bookings for visitors over the holiday season.
- Current CovidSafe settings – Find information our current settings.
- Current business support – Tip: The FAQ section for each grant is really helpful.
- Victorian COVID-19 Data – Daily data updates on COVID-19.
- Booking a vaccination.
- COVID-19 signs posters and templates for your workplace
- Mental health resources – Specific for: Small business owners, families, media and carers to help maintain wellbeing.
Main image: Taken at 1915 by Monika Berry.