As of 11:59pm tonight, Friday 12 February, a five day state-wide, stage 4 level of restrictions, will come into effect.
Right now, plans need to be made to contact people with bookings, reservations and events (including weddings) over the next 5 days, to re-schedule.
These new restrictions are intended to be a ‘short and sharp’ circuit breaker, to manage the fast spreading UK strain that has been detected in Victorian cases this week. Whilst this news is difficult to hear, it’s important that we do this hard and fast, to stop any further spread.
For business, the new restrictions mean:
- Work: If you can work from home, you must work from home. Essential workers and workplaces may stay open.
- Hospitality: Closed. Open for takeaway only.
- Accommodation: Closed unless for permitted reasons. No new bookings.
*Hotel and accommodation providers will be able to stay open to support guests already staying onsite. No new bookings can be made.
- Tours and transport: Closed.
- Retail: Essential retail open, other/general retail closed.
For the community, these rules apply:
- Face coverings: Must be carried at all times. Must be worn indoors and outdoors except if at home, or if an exemption applies.
- Private gatherings: Not permitted. Intimate partner visits are allowed.
- Public gatherings: Not permitted (two people for exercise, or members of your household).
There are only four reasons to leave home:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services (one person per household, once per day, a support person can accompany if required)
- Caregiving or compassionate reasons
- Essential work or permitted education
- Exercise (can leave for two hours of exercise)
A travel limit of 5km from your place of primary residence is in place.
Click here to read the full details, including definitions on essential providers and workers.
We realise this puts strain on our industry right now, but we do hope this thorough and brief lockdown is enough to regain control of the virus in Victoria.
Our team is available to answer any questions or help you navigate these changes, just shoot us an email or call on 03 5223 2588.
Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine