Definitions for tour & transport operators from Victoria Tourism industry Council (VTIC) – October 29
In our last update, we noted changes in restrictions to tours and transport in regional Victoria from 27 October, which will also be in place for metro Melbourne from 11.59pm, 8 November. Please note the definitions below:
Is a small, enclosed vehicle where members of the public are not reasonably capable of maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from each other. This would apply for confined vehicles such as (but not limited to) helicopters, 4-wheel drives, etc.
In this case, the only members of the public permitted in the vehicle is limited to:
- Those who reside together and any other persons with whom those people are in an intimate relationship; AND
- 2 other persons and their dependents (a parent, guardian or carer of a child or dependent and the person cannot access alternative care arrangements or leave the child or dependent unattended).
Is a vehicle where members of the public are reasonably capable of maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres from each other. The number of members of the public permitted in the vehicle at any time is limited to 10 (with an infant under one year of age not counting in this limit).
- For any enclosed vehicle (small or large), the maximum duration of the period members of the public are permitted to be in the vehicle is 30 minutes. The intention of this restriction easing is for shuttle purposes to transport people to/from their main outdoor tour, for instance, transfer guests for their balloon flight.
- Indoor tours or tours that may involve being in an enclosed vehicle for a longer period are still not allowed.
- There is no restriction in time for outdoor tours, in groups in line with public gathering limits (up to 10 people).
- Open air vehicles (e.g. open air boat) are allowed to operate, in groups in line with public gathering limits (up to 10 people).
- 1.5m distancing, the use of masks, record keeping and COVIDSafe Plan applies to all.
The Restart Guidelines for Tours & Transport have been updated to reflect the above. To view the Guidelines, click here.
Please note the Industry Restart Guidelines and information on government websites reflect the current restrictions, not future easing. These resources will be updated as the easing restrictions are implemented.Definitions for tour & transport operators – from VTIC