A beginner’s guide to designing like a pro using Canva : Workshop
28 July @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Do you want to create beautiful and professional designs for your business?
Canva is an online based, Australian made platform that has revolutionised how people create visual content for free. In this workshop you’ll learn how to create beautiful designs that can be used for social media posts, in business newsletters, proposals, blogs, flyers and more.
What you will learn…
In this hands-on workshop, we’ll work step-by-step through the features of Canva. By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Create beautiful and professional designs using Canva
- Edit images with text or logos
- Find and use templates to help design the perfect content
- Size images so they look good on digital platforms like websites or social media
- Keep a consistent brand/ personality to your designs
Who should attend?
As this is pilot training there is very limited numbers, so please only register if you can attend. This is a beginner’s guide, so people who may have tried to use Canva in the past (with little experience) or have never used Canva before will benefit the most.
Meet the presenters…
Hosted by Elise Getson (TGGB) & Emma Jennings (CGM), this session will be facilitated by two non-designers. Self-taught, Elise and Emma will take you through the most useful aspects of Canva and demonstrate how they use Canva on a day-to-day basis. Sure, there’s always a need for a professional designer, however knowing the basics of Canva will help you keep your brand consistent across all platforms without having to pay a professional every time.
Before we start
You will need a few things before we start:
- A Canva account – Free or paid sign up here.
- Computer desktop or laptop
- A good internet connection, we will be asking you to practice while in the session
- If available access to your organisation’s logo, colours or a style guide (if you do not have one, that’s okay)
- A few images saved on your computer to use in the templates. These could be images of your business, regional images or anything you like. Just have a few ready to go.
When | Tuesday, 28 July 2020 – 10am – 11am
Where | Online
Cost | Free
These sessions are proudly brought to you through a partnership of Tourism Greater Geelong and the Bellarine, Central Geelong Marketing and The Borough of Queenscliffe. The Training Excellence calendar provides professional development and training sessions throughout the year free for members ($50 non members).