- This event has passed.
Collaborative Connections – How they can help your business grow
15 October @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Collaborative Connections – How they can help your business grow…
Learn how to maximise your business’s reach, visibility and profitability through innovative collaborations and cooperative marketing. Think outside the square to build extra appeal to new target audiences, create compelling reasons for off-peak visitation and higher yield customers.
Who should attend:
- Business owners
- Employees working on improving sales
Presenter: Alva Hemming
Alva Hemming has worked in all sectors of the tourism industry including: The World Travel and Tourism Council, Hotel Inter.Continental, Latrobe University, local government, regional tourism organisations and cross regional touring routes.
Alva is passionate about regional tourism and industry development and has a strong background in product development, collaborative partnerships and packaging for both domestic and international markets.
After creating Mornington Peninsula tourism from the outset in 1998, working there as Executive Tourism Officer for many years, Alva joined Go Beyond Melbourne Touring Route as Marketing Manager. Go Beyond Melbourne is Victoria’s third significant touring route linking Geelong & The Bellarine with: Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island and Yarra Valley Dandenong Ranges.
Throughout an extensive career in regional tourism, Alva has demonstrated an inspired approach to ‘bundling’ regional product to tap new and developing markets. Key collaborative projects include:
- The popular ‘Wine, Food, Farmgate’ campaign to redefine a signature Mornington Peninsula experience and highlight a range of lesser known businesses in the hinterland.
- An innovative Murray promotional campaign involving regions and governments along the entire Murray River.
- Melbourne’s South East Touring Triangle – a touring campaign linking 3 regions close to Melbourne.
- The Legends Wine & High Country Food & Wine Trail
- The Capital & Country Touring Route which is now known as the heritage route under the umbrella of Sydney Melbourne touring