- This event has passed.
Cultivating Resilience – Adapting to Change – Webinar
6 April @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
You can’t stop the waves but you can learn to surf…
The world is changing rapidly. There’s so much uncertainty and our state of ‘normal” is shifting beneath our feet. How can we respond to the current situation resourcefully, pragmatically, with optimism and resilience?
How can we adapt our thinking to re-organise, re-adjust and re-configure our lives and business models to the changes happening outside our control?
The good news is, we are all capable of adapting and growing in the face of adversity. Through the “Cultivating Resilience” seminar you will learn strategies to problem-solve, identify opportunities and adjust to new conditions.
The webinar will help you understand and apply:
- Re-adjusting expectations and goals
- Shifting rigid beliefs about the way things “should be”
- Re-designing working structures and services in accordance with emergent market needs
- Applying divergent thinking to generate new insights and opportunities
- Leaning into uncertainty and making room for discomfort
- Healthy v.s unhealthy anxiety
- Locus of control
- Shifting from fear to problem-solving mode
- Cultivating cognitive flexibility
- Adopting empowering narratives /keeping things in perspective
- Identifying helpful vs. unhelpful thinking
- Metaphors for coping – bridge, temporary deferment
- Exploring coping strategies to foster resilience (optimism, humor, connections, relationships, asking for help, allowing vulnerability)
- Managing mental, physical and emotional stress
- Practicing mindfulness
- Using music, laughter, lightness and movement to shift emotional states
When: Monday, 6 April 2020 | 9:30am – 11:00am
How much: Free
Tourism Greater Geelong & The Bellarine will be providing tourism operators a series of webinars that will be focused on assisting you during this time. These along with other training options will be listed in the Resource Centre.
A bit about the presenters…
Having facilitated Positive Change programs for the past 18 years, Jo provides inspiration through innovative wisdom and practices, and has an extensive toolbox that includes techniques, activities, and methods that help people work through change, create new habits, and assists in inspiring and motivating clients to amplify their lives and live with passion.
Mel is an experienced Workplace Trainer & Coach who is passionate about helping people develop positive mindset strategies.
Mel blends years of HR/Business acumen with practical cognitive strategies to cultivate resilience, leverage strengths and encourage people to be their best self both in their professional and personal lives.