PR 101 – How to get noticed by an editor
18 August @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Unless you’re a celebrity or a big corporate entity, chances are you won’t have your own publicist. The good news? There are things you can do today in house that will help you build a strong relationship with media and the community.
It’s free and it’s not as hard as you may think. Bonnie van Dorp is not a publicist – she’s an ex editor who has mined thousands upon thousands of press releases to find gold. Here’s how publicists have captured her attention.
What you will learn…
- What is a newsworthy story?
- What is a media release?
- How to write a media release & who to send it to?
- What are the steps to getting noticed?
- How to build relationships with editors and journalists
- Empathy and why it’s important in PR
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Live Q+A with Cara Wagstaff, Associate Publisher, Signature Media
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants more publicity for their brand
- Business owners
- Marketing or Sales roles
- Everyone interested learning the insider tips behind PR (public relations)
When | Tuesday 18 August – 10am – 11:30am
Where | Online
Cost | Free
Meet the presenter
Bonnie van Dorp is an ex magazine editor and freelance journalist with a special focus on corporate and luxury travel content. Her reporting background spans a number of industries including architecture and design, entertainment, fashion and beauty, agriculture and more. She is a storyteller at heart and currently works with Business Events Geelong as their Marketing and Communications Officer to help lure lucrative corporate events to the region.
These sessions are proudly brought to you through a partnership of Tourism Greater Geelong and the Bellarine, Central Geelong Marketing and The Borough of Queenscliffe. The Training Excellence calendar provides professional development and training sessions throughout the year free for members ($50 non members).