Get more bang for your marketing buck…
Of the 25 million Australians currently living in the country, 15 million of them are active Facebook users. That’s approximately 60 per cent of the total Australian population. Which beggars the question:
Is it time for you to rethink your social media strategy?
One tactic to get businesses more visibility is by partnering with a social media influencer. A recent study by Influencer Marketing Hub found:
- The search term ‘influencer marketing’ increased by 325% on Google last year
- Marketing departments are increasing their budgets to include influencers
- Each dollar spent on influencer marketing saw an average of $7.65 in earned media value returned
- The biggest platform for influencer marketing is Instagram, with 12.9 million brand sponsored posts recorded in 2017. The number is expected to double this year.
Lorraine Elliott, also known as Not Quite Nigella, is a food blogger, author and social media vixen who has been in the game since September 2007. With 250,000 unique readers a month on her blog notquitenigella.com, 79,000 followers on Pinterest, 53,800 followers on Instagram, 33,000 followers on Facebook and 16,300 on Twitter — it’s safe to say she definitely knows what she’s doing.
Here, Lorraine shares three reasons with Business Event Geelong as to why partnering with a social media influencer will work wonders for your business.
- It is a cost-effective way to access an audience
- If the influencer genuinely likes the product, it is a more powerful endorsement than a straight advertisement
- Influencers are content creatures and you can end up with some amazing content that you can share across your channels.