Join Team Tourism…
Remember we bid a fond farewell to Elizabeth Curtain when she retired at the end of last year? We’re now ready to recruit her replacement: our new Visitor Services Coordinator. This is an opportunity to build on an excellent visitor servicing program as part of a fantastic regional tourism structure.
A core objective of Tourism Greater Geelong and The Bellarine is to lead and manage Visitor Servicing throughout the region. This includes management of the team of 100+ volunteers, Accredited Visitor Information Centres (VICs) and four VIC booths (VIBs), pop-up visitor servicing outlets and other visitor servicing functions.
Our Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Greater Geelong provides support for this full time position as a staff member within the council structure and as part of the Tourism Gretaer Geelong and The Bellarine team.
About the role:
- Role model and promote Council values in all aspects of duty.
- Coordinate Visitor Information Centres and Booths located throughout the City of Greater Geelong.
- Coordinate all administration related to the Visitor Information Centres and Booths.
- Coordinate the resourcing requirements of staff and volunteers relating to the Visitor Services network including on call assistance when required due to the 7 day a week nature of the Service across multiple locations.
- Identify training and ongoing development performance needs for all staff and volunteers.
- Implement and review the Accreditation needs of the Visitor Information Centres relevant to Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP).
- Represent the Region through the Victorian Visitor Information Centre Reference Group facilitated by Victoria Tourism Industry Council providing advice and foresight to the future of Visitor Servicing in Victoria.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the Visitor Servicing Strategy for the region as well as Operations Manuals for the various services including regular reporting on visitor trends and projects through statistical analysis and innovation
Key selection criteria
- Degree in Tourism Management or related field.
- Several years’ experience in visitor servicing or a related service industry role.
- Experience in working with volunteers and tourism or community programs.
- Ability to identify and report information gaps, visitor trends and movements relevant to Visitor Servicing.
- Ability to work autonomously and make sound decisions.
- Ability to relate and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders.