Introducing our tourism recovery consultations and venue feasibility calculator
Today we are pleased to announce two new projects we’ve been working on to support tourism businesses during these challenging times. These projects are part of a wider industry development program that has been funded and supported by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
Tourism Recovery Consulting
The Tourism Recovery Consultations program will offer businesses free 90-minute one-on-one sessions with one of our experienced tourism industry consultants.
The consultation will help you identify a goal to focus on, evaluate options that can help you achieve this goal and set some practical actions to get you started on your recovery journey.
Who should apply:
- Tourism, events and hospitality businesses in Victoria. The program is best suited, but not limited to, small and medium-sized businesses.
- Applicants eager to turn their attention from ‘response’ to ‘recovery’
- Applicants wanting to determine the next steps for their business and to action them post the consultation session.
Applications are open until 30 November 2020, or when the number of funded consultations is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
To find out more and to apply, click here.
We thank our industry consultants, Alysia Brandenburg, Anna Heaton and Karen Oliver, for helping us design and develop this program.
Venue Feasibility Calculator
In partnership with Worksmith, we have developed a hospitality venue feasibility calculator to help you determine, as restrictions ease, how many patrons can be seated in your venue and how your revenue stacks up with possible reduced numbers.
Use the calculator to determine the feasibility to restart and operate your hospitality venue under the current restrictions, and to see the effect of other incentives such as JobKeeper.
The tool utilises information such as:
- Dimensions of your dining areas and/or outdoor areas (width and length or total square metres)
- Your revenue – spend per customer, sitting, food and beverage split
- The cost of food and beverage as a percentage of revenue
- Wage costs as a percentage of revenue, including employees under the JobKeeper program
- Rent and overheads
- Days per week your business is open.
The venue calculator will provide you with an indication of your projected weekly revenue, expenses and net profit. Using the calculator should enable operators to see what a successful reopening and restart could look like.
Although the calculator has been primarily designed for hospitality businesses, this is also a useful tool that has applications for other sectors of the industry.
It is important to note that the calculator will only give you an indication of your projected profit, based on the numbers you entered.
Here is a simple guide on how the calculator works.
To access the calculator, click here.