Our marketing programs aim to drive inspiration, interest and information about Geelong and The Bellarine to potential visitors.
Greater Than > The Sum of its Parts is a platform for us to share stories and showcase unique experiences from all across the region. Greater Than the Sum of its Parts builds on the idea developed through our brand work that there’s no single icon here, but it’s the combination of diverse experiences and personality in a compact geographic area that makes the region compelling. Creatively, any destination, business or activity can combine an image and a caption to share a Greater Than > story.
The campaign has two discreet target audiences:
Visiting Friends and Relatives (VFR):
The VFR market presents a significant opportunity for Geelong and The Bellarine, with around 50% of our visitors usually here to see loved ones. With a large resident population and a great variety of options to explore, it’s an area we can invest effort and resources to inspire more people to come, and drive higher yield through more out-of home (paid) activity during those visits.
Focusing on Melbourne as the key source market, position Geelong and The Bellarine as an ideal destination to visit. Capitalise on key practical advantages of proximity, access, product range and combine those messages with the Greater Than > message highlighting there’s so much to see and do, you’ll need to stay more than a day.
This is a list outlining campaign activity. It’s an evolving asset, with some activity complete, some commenced and some still to be undertaken as we navigate the first post-COVID winter season.
- Videos: 25 short videos highlighting the signature experiences and personalities of specific destinations according to the brand narrative. These are all online (playlist) and being promoted through various social and online platforms.
- Imagery: Regular shoots to highlight the brand essences and experiences of destinations, capturing a range of activities, locations, moods, seasons and people to use in ongoing Greater Than written executions.
- Written: Ongoing blog content development to tell the brand narrative stories of the region, the experiences and the places within it. Rebrand of consumer eDM to align with Greater Than > messaging.
- Brand Hub: A central resource for businesses and stakeholders to use assets and support material to align with the overall regional brand.
- Digital content partnerships: Working with online publishers to share stories and shine a spotlight on Geelong and The Bellarine. Partners include Australian Traveller, One Hour Out, Broadsheet and Time Out.
- Print advertising: Using appropriate channels to share Greater Than branded content. Publications include: Herald Sun, Australian Traveller, GT.
- Printed material: The visual nature of the Greater Than campaign is perfect for colour printed executions. These include postcards to local residents and new branded destination guides for in-region distribution to encourage greater visitor dispersal and spend.
- Partnership Marketing: Geelong Football Club partnership with a VFR focus using Irish Cats star Zach Tuohy to talk about his VFR experience. Distribution is via Cats platforms, online and cinema.
- Public engagement tools: Development of campaign GIFs and stickers for the public to use on social media channels. Branded chalkboards in high-traffic locations for visitors to share their favourite things about the destination.
- Public Relations: Working with targeted publications on dedicated famils and coverage to highlight destination and location specific activity to niche audiences, as well as general travel and lifestyle media.
- Visit Victoria partnership: A range of partnership initiatives including content on Visit Melbourne social channels, dedicated email, print advertising and editorial appearances in Space magazine and the Melbourne & Victoria Visitor Guide publications as well as paid content partnerships. Co-branded with Stay Close, Go Further intrastate marketing campaign.
- Outdoor: Use of local assets to continue the VFR Greater Than message and highlight great experiences. Melbourne and regional cities: billboards and street-level opportunities.
Want some help applying a Greater Than > tagline to your image? Email us an image here, and we’ll send you some captions!