Over the past couple of weeks our board and staff have had their thinking caps on as we establish the foundations of our four year strategic plan.
It’s important to have a big picture strategy framed with vision, mission and values to ensure all our activities contribute to building that vision into a reality.
We love having broad participation to ensure the whole team is personally invested in our direction. Some of our newest and quietest staff members have made the most meaningful contributions to our planning process
There have been some huge developments in the past few years. Since our 2014-2017 Strategic Plan was written we have:
• Established a new regional identity for Geelong and The Bellarine
• Achieved Regional Tourism Board status with Visit Victoria;
• Built a new visitor website / content marketing machine;
• Launched our Tourism Development Plan to guide growth that will maximise the visitor economy through to 2030.
• Lobbied the State Government to focus on delivering a Convention Centre for Geelong;
• Opened a new, accredited Visitor Information Centre on The Bellarine;
• Seen visitation and related economic impact grow to record levels.
These highlights and many more achievements occurred during the lifespan of this plan and the plan was the catalyst for making them happen. Make sure you’re taking time out of your business to plan, set big goals and then get to work achieving them.
Have a great weekend!