Wed, 20 Oct 2021
We understand things are moving quickly this week and there has been some confusion around changes to restrictions and capacities from this Friday. We have received clarification on a number of questions from businesses about the new requirements:
– The Roadmap provides for a progressive reopening with increased capacity limits across various settings when all attendees are fully vaccinated. This includes workers.
– The option of increased capacity limits will only apply if everyone present is fully vaccinated (or has a valid medical exemption). This means if your staff are not fully vaccinated, you may not be able to apply the increased capacity limits offered in the Roadmap.
– The Chief Health Officer has also issued vaccination requirements for many workers that must leave home to work on-site. Workers who are covered by this requirement but have not had a first and second dose by the deadlines set by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions will not be able to attend workplaces outside their home.
Applying the new rules
– Venues adjusting to the fully vaccinated and increased capacity levels identified in Phase B of the Roadmap should be aware that the vaccination requirement applies to people over 16 years of age.
– 12-15 year old patrons will need to be fully vaccinated at Phase D of the Roadmap.
– If customers are unvaccinated, or the vaccination status is unknown, the previous rules and capacities apply. Increased capacities only apply where everyone in the venue is fully vaccinated.
– Unvaccinated customers or those with unknown vaccination status can still collect take away, but they cannot be seated in a venue.
– Further information for businesses in how to manage these processes is expected in the coming days. In short, if a customer does become disgruntled in showing vaccination status or becomes abusive to staff members, you have the right to refuse entry and call the Police as per any normal procedure that would occur in dealing with difficult customers.
– The Victoria Tourism Industry Council webinar sharing early learnings from the Vaccinated Economy Trials will be useful to hear from operators who have already been running under these conditions. Register here.
For more information on the Roadmap, industry restrictions or to book a vaccination, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au or call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.
Our team is also available to help on 03 5223 2588 ext 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org