|Welcome to COVIDSafe Summer, Team Tourism!
Yesterday the Premier announced a range of updates, these changes will serve as the last stage until 2021, giving us all some much needed stability over the busy summer season.
Coming into effect today, these changes will see our region looking more ‘normal’ than ever.
Despite relaxed rules around capacity, wearing masks and household gatherings, record keeping remains a really important process for most businesses, ensuring we protect Victoria’s COVIDSafe status. In fact, in order to enjoy these eased restrictions, hospitality venues must use electronic record keeping or QR codes to track customers, contractors and visitors. Thankfully, the Victorian Government has released a free QR record service, check it out here.
Here’s some of the most significant changes to our industry that were made yesterday:
- Open for seated and unseated service.
- A hospitality venue can host up to 25 patrons before density quotients apply.
- Density quotient of 1 patron per 2sqm if using electronic record keeping, otherwise 1 per 4sqm applies.
- No group limits.
- No enforced time limits.
- Dance floors can reopen in bars and pubs as well as at weddings. 1 patron per 4sqm applies to limit the number of people and only up to 50 people at one time.
- Staff are not required to wear masks.
- Bookings restricted to the private gathering limit.
- The person or household booking the accommodation can have up to 30 visitors.
- Density quotient of 1 patron per 2sqm in communal spaces, if using electronic record keeping, otherwise 1 per 4sqm applies.
- Weddings can occur with no limits on the number of guests or attendee with 1 patron per 2sqm. If a service is conducted in a private home, the private gathering limit applies (30 visitors).
- Dance floors can reopen as per the same restrictions as bars and pubs above 💃.
Outdoor & Indoor Experiences:
- Operating at 75% fixed seated capacity up to 1000 patrons, no density quotient in seated areas.
- Density quotient of 1 patron per 2sqm in other areas and non-seated venues if using electronic record keeping.
- Venues with capacity over 500 must publish COVIDSafe Plan.
- Events are subject to the Public Events Framework.
- Amusement parks can open to 75% of venue capacity. Density quotient of 1 per 4sqm applies indoors. Density quotient of 1 per 2sqm applies outdoors, when using electronic record keeping.
- Nightclubs standing service permitted. Density quotient of 1 per 4sqm on a dancefloor up to a maximum of 50 people. 1 patron per 2sqm elsewhere in the venue, with no maximum patron limit. Electronic record keeping required.
Tours and Transport Guidelines:
- Masks must be worn when transporting patrons.
- Density quotient of 1 per 2sqm in other areas and non-seated venues if using electronic record keeping, otherwise 1 per 4spm applies.
You can download the new how we work & how we live roadmaps and see a full breakdown of the changes here.