What you need to know about today’s announcements
There have been a couple of important announcements from the State Government today.
Further Easing of Restrictions
As of 11:59 pm, 17 September (tomorrow), changes include:
- Tour transport: Open with up to 10 people per vehicle.
- Pools: Open. Up to 50 people outdoors and 20 people indoors. Hydrotherapy and swimming lessons may occur. Spas, saunas and steam rooms remain closed.
- Indoor physical recreation facilities: Open with 10 people indoors and 20 outdoors per venue.
Download the updated restrictions here.
Financial Support for Businesses
- Support for licensed bars, cafes, hotels and clubs across regional Victoria will continue through September.
- Other businesses in regional areas will also be supported where ongoing restrictions severely affect operations.
Licensed Venue Hospitality Fund:
- Automatic payments for the period 17-30 September will continue, regardless of location.
- Venues with a capacity of under 100 people will receive $10,000 for the fortnight, those with a capacity of 100-499 will receive $20,000 while the largest venues will receive $40,000.
Business Costs Assistance Program:
- Under this program, automatic payments will be made for the period 17-30 September to businesses most heavily impacted by current lockdowns and restrictions across Victoria, including businesses in Geelong and The Bellarine.
- Eligibility will be determined via ANZSIC codes (Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification) for businesses across sectors including hospitality, accommodation, tourism, events, gyms, and salons.The complete list of ANZSIC codes will be on the Business Victoria website on Friday.
- Payment amounts will align with annual payroll – businesses up to $650,000 will receive $5,600 for the fortnight. Businesses with a payroll of $650,000-$3 million will get $11,200 and $3 million-$10 million will receive $16,800.
For more information and full details on available business support grants, go to
business.vic.gov.au or the Business Victoria hotline is available on 13 22 15.
Read the media release here.